Hey, I coach a football team.

My photo
My favorite word is growth.

Friday, October 14, 2011

A voice from a Riley Supporter

If you email me and your point is valid I will post it even if I don't agree with it.

Your passion for the Beavers is what clouds your judgment.  I am somewhat removed from all the emotion (living outside the state of Oregon for 15 years) so I can truly bring an objective opinion.  Everyone in Seattle knows that we (OSU) are in a small  market and Riley is a good coach.  The fact that The Ducks have done it also clouds your judgment.  Because The Ducks have transformed you somehow think we can/should do the same.  It's not in the cards my man, it just isn't in the cards.  Sure, you can rant and rave about it all you want but you'll die a bitter old man if you don't come to the realization that we will never truly run with the big boys.  Occasionally we will get lucky and have a Fiesta Bowl run like we did a decade ago but it's not going to happen on a regular basis.  Not enough money in Corvallis or the OSU alumni to support a major program.  Get drunk, enjoy the wins, and try not to get yourself hurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment